First Twitter, now hip-hop. Is female superstar Nicki Minaj throwing in the towel on her two year plus rap career? A week back Nicki shocked her millions of fans when she shut down her Twitter account and now just a few weeks following the release of her sophomore album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded the New York bred MC is talking about leaving the game altogether.
"People aren't even giving the kid props for taking it back to the essence ... this is my fourth mixtape really," Nicki told radio host Tim Westwood referring to her recent album. "You know what I'm saying. The kid did like that so she could feed her fans. But really, now the kid is thinking maybe she should leave the game."
Clearly frustrated by the response to Roman Reloaded, Nicki's latest threat is sure to startle her fans.
Nicki Minaj plugged the plug on her Twitter account earlier this week, sending fans reeling and the Barbz are still waiting patiently for her return. The YMCMB star has been in London for the past few days promoting her sophomore album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded and during interviews, the questions inevitably turned to her absence from Twitter.
On the Graham Norton Show (via Rap-Up) she sort of explained why she temporarily abandoned her Barbz. “A voice in my head told me to delete my Twitter and that’s what I did,” she said. “I had 11 million followers and I hope they will wait for me.”
In case you’re one of Nicki’s Barbz, suffering from withdrawal, it’s pretty much guaranteed that Nicki will return. Twitter allows you to deactivate your account for 30 days before removing it completely, and even then, they consult with celebs before nixing the account. It seems highly unlikely that Nicki would let those 11 million followers go.
When asked if she will return to the social networking site, Nicki tried to play coy, saying, "I don’t know yet, I’m thinking about it. I miss my Barbz, please bear with me."